Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils


Does anyone remember where that line is from? Bouquets of sharpened pencils... come on... you remember... it is from You've Got Mail. Tom Hanks tells Meg Ryan in an email how he loves NY in the Fall and how he would send her a bouquet of sharpened pencils if he had her address. I always think of that movie (which I think is adorable and totally love) when the stores start all their back to school sales. The kids and I were in Target today to get the new Colbey Caillet cd when we saw it... the B to S section of the seasonal department. YOO HOO!!

I think I have told you all about my obsession with school supplies before, but I will tell you again so the newbie blog readers can get the scoop. I have ones of those under the bed Rubbermaid totes FULL of school supplies in my room. Every year I stock up on everything the kids need. I get about a half dozen of everything!! 20cent boxes of crayons... 25cent glue sticks... 10 spiral bound notebooks for $1... 10pack of pens for 88cents (all three colors)... I am talking everything people... highlighters, post it notes, markers, loose leaf paper, folders, new scissors... I could go on and on. I fill my cart to overflowing for less then $50. I LOVE IT! And with the box full under the bed, come mid February when the boys need new colored pencils, I don't have to run out in a blizzard and pay $5.99 cause I got 4 packs when they are $1.

And ya know, I gotta say... I don't just do it for because it is a good deal. That alter ego of mine... the one I have mentioned before... the one that has sever OCD... she loves all the nice new boxes full of goodies in a row and packed away nice and neat. Oh yeah... she is in heaven today.

For the most part, this week has been kinda rough with the kids. Summer is really setting in and they are bored. If I am not spending over moment entertaining them, then they are at each others throats fighting. Makes a stay at home Mom wanna throw her kids in daycare... I swear! But I was able to turn things around today. I let them trash the house, lol... we built a HUGE fort in the living room with all the pillows and blankets we could fine. We popped popcorn and watched a movie. Then while in Target, we picked up a jar of pasta sauce... they had one labeled Puttenesca. Which, if you remember (as my kids did), is the kind of pasta the kids make in Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events. So now everyone is very into helping make dinner tonight.

Oh, I should tell you about the jewelry today huh? The top up there is "Striped" a special piece just for Joolz. And the bottom one is another one similar to "Festivities", this time called "Clustered". It hasn't been decided yet if this one is heading to Joolz or not... I'll let you know. If it is... I think you can send an email to Francie at Joolz and order it. (I think) If it is staying with me, I'll get it posted on my website shortly. Did you all see just how much I have listed this week!! Dang!! Yesterday was necklaces... today was earrings and pendants... go check them out!




No comments: