Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Black & White Moments

I have been loving the prompts in Picture Black & White with Tracey Clark. Just LOVING it! More than the prompts though, I am loving the reminder to desaturate the color once in a while and take things back to just black & white. I thought I'd share a few of the photos I have taken so far. All of them were created using Instagram on my iPhone. (I have been soooo lazy about using my Nikon lately...)

#picturebw
#picturebw
Some homework in a sun pool #picturebw
#picturebw
#picturebw

A few months ago, I purchased a refurbished Polaroid camera and film from The Impossible Project. I started learning to use the camera with color film, and unfortunately, 5 out of the 8 images I took had sever damage to the images. The developer didn't spread across the entire frame. I think that is something that just comes with the Polaroid territory. Before Jacob's injury, when I was last in the studio, I switched to my one pack of black & white film... every image has been perfect. I keep the Polaroid camera in my studio, and I love seeing those old style images of my happy place. Someday, I'll share them with you...

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

What an unexpected treat, Miss Kerry! You are usually the place that I come for color. Today I come for pattern and light and texture. Just lovely. I like the way the soft light it framing Miss Lauren's face, and that last shot reminds me of the Jack Johnson song "Bubbly Toes". Thank you for sharing this bit of yourself today.
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Unknown said...

I am Also loving the prompts in Picture Black & White with Tracey Clark. Just LOVING it!Really your picture is Creative Concept.