Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Twisted Tuesdays - Fun Things



Grab a drink and settle in for the next 10mins as Lorelei and I talk our way though a collaborative beading project. You'll get some good tips along the way. Plus you get to watch me ruin my wire nips by snipping memory wire, dang it. We also chat for a couple seconds about Bead Fest. Remember, I am teaching there in August!! There are still lots of spots available if you want to take a class. You'll learn a ton more than just the project. Check out the classes HERE.

I also wanted to mention that I have heard it is frustrating that you can't see up close what we are doing! Sorry!! We are learning. Hopefully during our next get together, we will do close ups. In the meantime, if you want to learn to make the head pin for the pendant I showed you, check out the Delightful project in my book!! It is the same technique.

Have a happy Twisted Tuesday!

9 comments:

Christine said...

You guys are hilarious! I love these segments!

BTW, I love listening to your upstate NY accent, Kerry...I miss NY. I hope you don't think that's too weird. I'm a speech therapist by profession and I love listening to people talk! :)

Have a great Tuesday!

Kerry said...

LOL, Christine, I don't have an accent, what are talking about?!? No seriously, what is really funny, get a few drinks in me and watch the southern accent fly. I lived so many places during the language forming years of my life... NY, FL, TX... I really speak plain ole mutt.

Christine said...

Nah, you wait! When I come up there this summer, we should go for drinks and THEN you will hear some accent fun! I will alternately pick up your flat /a/, and intersperse that with my acquired Virginia southern drawl (which I am told by my upstate NY cousins I have). We'll be an accented disaster area! :D

Lorelei Eurto said...

nice job editing the video, Kerry!! It turned out great. I laughed at myself through the whole thing. I can't wait to see the second installment. when are we getting together for the next round of videos!!!??? So.FUN.!

Kerry said...

who you callin' a flat a? I ain't got no flat a's.

Christine said...

Bwahahahahaha!!!

No flat a's here either, Kerry. Believe me. ;)

Patty said...

Kerry - what brand are your cutters? I did the same thing (danged memory wire!!) with my wonderful Swanstrom cutters and the really nice rep at Rio's Catalog in Motion in Tucson offered to repair them for free. They did a great job. There's hope for yours!

Lori P said...

I just watched this on Lorelei's blog and it's adorable. Next time, I'm coming over. :)

TesoriTrovati said...

You two need to take this on the road! You are hilarious together and get something awesome done! Enjoy the day, Kerry!
I am popping over to give Lorelei some love.
Erin