Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Operation A.E.I.O.U ~ Complete

grouting

Okay, so we weren't able to finish it in 4 days like my impatient inner child wanted. But I say getting it done in 9 day ain't too shabby. The bathroom is DONE!! No more icky ucky yucky oder... no more gross grout... no more ugly cabinet... just crisp clean sparkling white porcelain goodness.

new mirror treatment

The new treatment for the mirror is my favorite new touch in the bathroom. I found the frame for $3 at an estate sale. It was way too big, but Ron was able to cut it down and it fills the space perfectly. And I love it with the light from Lowes too that rang up $3.53. LOL... new mirror and light for less then $7... not bad.

installing the sink 1

While we are talking prices, before we started the remodel, I read somewhere that the average bathroom remodel costs between $10,000-$15,000!! Granted, those people are probably putting in Italian marble shower surrounds, but seriously. $15K for a bathroom? Not us!! We ended up spending around $650.

installing the sink 3

finished bathroom 2

There are few more finishing touches. I need to hang a reclaimed window frame on the wall and touch up some paint on the moulding. I plan to hunt down a lace edged bed sheet at an estate sale and use it as a shower curtain (until then, the circles remain). And we gotta caulk the tub too. But isn't it pretty?

13 comments:

SassyStoppers said...

Holy cow Kerry...it looks great!! Your gonna need your own HGTV show....I can't believe the price either!!! Great job!

Cindy said...

WOW, impressive. I had a really bad bout of the flu one time. I spent more time in my bathroom than I cared to........while in there I realized the wainscoting needed replaced, as did the hardware on the doors. It also needed new fixtures and new light switch covers. The next long weekend I had I redid all of that, plus painted and wallpapered. It was so nice when it was done!!!

Holly said...

I am totally impressed! You are so handy! I tend to take things like this and turn them into disasters.

Nonie Fajao said...

Fabulous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kerry what a beautiful job, I am full of envy. I currently have your old bathroom and am desperately wanting to change it!!!

Kellie

Ellen said...

A job well done. Great team work.

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

Very nice job! Bravo to you for getting creative and economical with outstanding results!

Eileen said...

BEAUTIFUL...you did a great job...i could never tackle something like that yet alone knit, bead and design jewelry...you amaze me...

Lorelei Eurto said...

Turned out AWESOME! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Is that Lauren actually looking at the camera?? LOL

mairedodd said...

so very beautiful! and sparkling clean and new... enjoy!

sandi said...

Fantabulous job!! As someone earlier said, you should be doing HGTV - hey, you've got TV experience now, right?!

PS - Want to come over to my house?... my kitchen needs help!!

CindyW said...

Kerry
I am so totally impressed. And Ron is the MAN....I'm glad he was able to fit in the vintage frame/mirror..it looks incredible with the new light fixtures. You must be so relieved and happy!