Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Visitor

kabs steampunk style 1

I am going to be MIA for the next few days. My best friend, Kelley from VA, is driving in today!! The trip is sorta last minute. I thought she was was coming in next week, but plans changed, I convinced her she should come Thursday instead of Friday (so we have more then a few hours together). Now, she is in the car and on her way!! I love my Kelley and can't wait to see her!!

I couldn't leave you without a little peak at a new piece of jewelry. When I was in Cleveland a few weeks back, Melanie Brooks gifted me some components made of raw brass that she uses in some of her jewelry designs. She also used them in her demo for the show we were taping. I thought it would be a fun, and very different look, for one of my KABachons. I don't like the chain at all... I think it needs some cool brass chain, but over all, I love the look of my bead in that setting. And has ideas stirring for new bead designs that could be highlighted by this style of jewelry!

kabs steampunk style 1back

4 comments:

Eileen said...

this is lovely kerry...

have fun with your friend kelley...it's always good to connect with the women we love...

TesoriTrovati said...

Great fun to connect with your favorite girl! I am having a Mom's Night Out tonight with all the mom's from the traveling baseball team. Time to relax and unwind!
I love working with the Vintaj, (and I drove Jess to the post office with that parcel for Melanie to use!) I agree that your chain isn't working, but it is a cool chain! You need something brass to complement it. I love the dots and how that contrasts with the vintage look. Lovely!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Cindy said...

Very nice, Kerry. I like that it has a bit of a vintage look to it and it's a simple design (just a pendant). Could be worn all the time! Have fun with Kelly!! That's a long drive up from VA!

Kristinesonja said...

Curious, are you on Facebook? Would love to follow you there.

Kristine