Monday, March 14, 2011

Off Setting Some Somber

week 2 - finding a little rhythm

:: i woke up saturday with a sorry case of the sombers...
:: i think i am still suffering from it today...
:: life ebbs and flows and i am trying to remember to take it as it comes...
:: i have my family,
:: i am healthy and so are my loved ones,
:: my home is warm and full of energy,
:: i have my art and a creative life,
:: i have possibilities everywhere i look,
:: daffodils are peaking through the snow and magnolia blossoms are fattening up,
:: it is okay say i am tired today, and...
:: i know in my heart that gratitude always wins out over melancholy if you give it some time.

lola loves knitting

(edited to add)
after this post, i decided a can't wait for my spirits to lift, i have to lift them myself. i hoped in my car for an mini adventure i'll share tomorrow. but i had to tell you... as i pulled into a parking lot, i noticed i was driving behind a man wearing a bright red clown nose. no one else in his car... just a smile on his face and a ball on his nose. it totally brought a smile to my heart! thank you clown-nose-man.

9 comments:

Barbara Collins said...

Hugs.

Unknown said...

Soon Spring will kick your butt and you will be blossoming lol! Relax and ebb with the tide Kerry..xxx

Catherine Denton said...

It's hard not to feel a little somber with all that's going on in the world. I hope you find a lift soon. I'll help your list, I'm grateful for:

Hot baths
Good books
Sunny days
Rainstorms
Daisies
Chai tea

somethingunique said...

Hi Kerry, i think i can speek for a lot of people for most i talk to or follow blogs are feeling the same. With all that is going on in our small planet it's hard not to feel down i know i feel totally helpless i mean what do you do?not to mension it's been a long winter, which seems trivial to complain about with everything else going on.by the way i have had your book out all weekend trying out different techniques i can't afford too much sterling wire so i have been subbing with copper & brass and non tarnish silver i just love your book all the pretty beads inspire me hopefully the instuctor that is suppose to teach me the lamp work lessons i got my self for my bday is well soon lamp work beads are my fav i can't wait to learn how to make them!well you take care Kerry ttfn :)

Mystic Indigo said...

Yes, it is hard sometimes keeping our spirits up with all of the destruction, war and general yuck going on. I love Catherine's ideas, especially Chai...that always cheers me up! Can't wait to hear about your trip...road trips do wonders for the spirit!

slm said...

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was running a bunch of errands and getting more and more annoyed as the day went on. My last stop was the bookstore. One of the customers was dressed up as Charlie Chaplin! He didn't say a word and stayed in character the whole time. It made me smile!!!

Mellisa said...

You just might need an "Emergency Clown Nose" http://tinyurl.com/65qpo8z I'm considering one for just that type of day!

Kristen said...

Oh I wish I was the kitty! Looks so comfy! Glad the clown nose man lifted your spirits! :)

Jenny Petricek said...

With all of the news coming out of Japan this week, as well as the political firestorm of the last month here in my home state of Wisconsin, I can relate to the dark mood you are describing. I think my spirits will definitely lift once spring has sprung! Hang in there!