Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Holiday Weekend Fun

blanket view
cold water
street view
little detail
We have had a rather delightful weekend around these parts. Ron had an extra long four day holiday weekend that extended through Tuesday. The heat is being oppressive (as it is all over the country, right) but we have kept busy and cool. On the 4th, we spent a few hours in the creek at Webster Park. On the 5th we rented movies and stayed inside with just short bursts out in the backyard to pick garden goodies and mowing the yard. Yesterday was my favorite though, we hung out all day in my studio!! Ron was finally ready to finish tackling the metalsmithing desk he started back in January. It couldn't come at a better time, but more on that another day. Not only did we do all of this, but I was also able to make beads and finish three more samples to pitch my second book. I couldn't be more excited.

Along the way, through the weekend, I have had my camera at my side for the Picture Summer project. (Today is the last day to sign up!!) I am love love loving the daily email prompts, the classroom discussions, the feedback from fellow students, and how I am getting to know my camera better. I am going to have fun on August 1st making a mosaic of the month!!

How did you spend your holiday weekend? And what are you doing to stay cool?

3 comments:

Creatissimo said...

Super great pictures! And great perspective! Want to grab my camera too... (Hi from the Flying classmate!)

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great weekend..and such vibrant photos! I'm hoping to sign up for one of their Fall classes and get to know my camera a whole let better too (me and that Auto setting are friends). We've been keeping cool at the ineractive fountains here at the beach, and looking for shells in the evenings.

Kristen said...

Looks and sounds like a fun weekend! The pics are gorgeous! You're doing a great job! Keep it up! Enjoy your class!