Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Newsstand Goodies


There are a couple of new magazines on newsstands right now that I want to point y'all to. Both feature my work, as well as the work of a few of my beady friends.

First up is the latest issue of Step By Step Wire Jewelry, Aug/Sept 2010. There is a special earring project of mine in this issue, but I will tell you more about that next week on Twisted Tuesday. Besides little ole me, you will can find a gorgeous mixed media project by my pal, Mary Jane Dodd. I also love Cindy Gimbrone's (of Art Bead Scene) lampwork glass headpin ring project. Flipping through this issue, I couldn't help but feel inspired by the overall look and feel of things. The colors are fantastic and the projects have been photographed beautifully.






Also out now is the annual special issue, Creative Jewelry. This 2010 issue holds 4 projects from me, each using simple stringing techniques with my glass beads. I love the flip-through quality of a special issue like this. When ever you feel like you have hit an idea brick wall, you can flip through this and, no doubt, you will be whacked upside the head with new things to make. Seriously. It is whack-up-side-the-head good!!

Later this afternoon, I will be listing the 4 necklace designs in Creative Jewelry on my website.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on these publications, Kerry! I can't wait to get my copy of SBS Wire...it's back at home waiting for me. I hear a few more of my friends are in this issue too...can't wait to see everyone's pieces (but I know your earrings are really cool, having seen them!).

Silver Parrot said...

Congratulations! I love the colors on the Step By Step cover - I'll have to run out at lunch and see if I can grab a copy!

TesoriTrovati said...

So awesome! I found a copy of Creative Jewelry at a Hobby Lobby last weekend while out of town at a ball tournament. I love it! Still wondering how I missed submitting for that awesome publication...maybe next year! You rock! Enjoy the day!
Erin

jeanette said...

Congrats, Kerry. I couldn't believe all the people I recognized as I was browsing Step by Step wire. A great issue and I love the earring tutorial.

Alice said...

Congratulations on being published! I have the Step by Step magazine, but need to find the other one.

How fun it must be to see your work in print!