Friday, January 13, 2012

{ and then it finally snowed }

friday 1
friday 2

Oh my stars, I've been grinning all day! It snowed!! It finally snowed!!! It is magical stuff, those airy bits of frozenness. I swear, my coffee tasted better today, my fingers knit happilyer, and I feel completely wrapped in all things cozy. Gosh, I just love it.

I knew earlier in the week that I would be home today. I had a meeting scheduled (which was cancelled because of the white stuff) and planned on catching up on a few things I've been ignoring. I am, indeed, home but I am continuing to ignore what I was ignoring before and I went for a long walk in the snow instead. I rocked my hubby's 1980's moon boots and his giant parka of a coat, pulled on a few toasty hand knits and headed out. The roads were yet to be plowed and you couldn't see much more than about a 100ft ahead. The wind whipped hard on the return trek but I didn't care. I loved the feeling of the ice on my eyelashes and the pink burn I could feel in my cheeks. I smiled big and laughed. I am sure the very few cars that passed wondered why the heck that crazy person was laughing while walking along the side of the road.

friday 3
friday 4
friday 5
friday 6
friday 7

As for the rest of the day, I've refilled that spotted mug with some lovely chai tea, the knitting is still calling me, I've added another log to the fire, and I'm looking forward to the kids getting home and sledding. Tonight we'll feast on pot roast and potatoes. Lauren will be flipping and tumbling at gymnastics (if it isn't cancelled too). I think we aught to rent some movies and pop some corn.

Here is to the weekend.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm happy for you that you finally got your snow!!! What great shots - the mug is great and I love the one in your gray scarf. I know 4" isn't much by your standards, but I bet school would have been closed around here!

Amy F said...

love that mug! your day sounds so cozy!

Nicole Valentine-Rimmer said...

I adore snow days, there is nothing that makes me feel like a snowfall does. We went out on our quads, down a trail (45 min) to our favorite restaurant for dinner. It's our snow tradition.