Sunday, November 02, 2008

6... 5... Dancing With Delusions

It is happening again. Right down to the day. I am getting burned out and feeling the blahs. Just like last time. I don't have quite as much going on as last time, but still. I feel really tired. Jacob has been running a high fever most of the weekend and I am starting to think I might be coming down with it too. So, I am taking the rest of the day off. I am kicking back this afternoon with a tray of cheese and crackers and a glass of wine. I will probably regret it tomorrow since it means I won't have any beads to clean and create with in the morning but oh well. My sanity is too important.

Before I go and relax, here are the latest things from the studio.

"Dancing With Delusions"



Pam mentioned my new blue hollow necklace reminded her of the work of artist Dale Chihuly in comments the other day. I love Chihuly's work. LOVE IT. Last night while I was making beads, I was having trouble with my hollows colapsing (again) and at some point decided to stop fighting it. Instead of fighting, I decided to exaggerate it. The warped onion-ish shape that I let the beads take on reminded me of Chihuly's Floats. I experimented with making headpins in the shape of the blown coils that he uses in Chandeliers. It is a little wild and funky, but I think I love it. It reminds me of these funky creations.

Alrighty... time to go crash.

7 comments:

Pretty Things said...

MOST excellent. Chihuly would be proud.

Nonie Fajao said...

Very cool! LOVE IT!

pam ferrari said...

That is so cool...... You out did yourself. Exquisite Pam

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the chihuly drops! the necklace is so cool!!! lisa d., portland, oregon

MsBaubles (AliBaubles) said...

Wow......I LOVE this......it's so cool!!! I would be so proud to wear this piece of wearable art :)

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I know my mind works in funny ways, but for some reason that piece reminds me of a fantastically colored and unusually shaped teapot. The little spout shape, the little belly shape. I don't know why. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a super fun fantastical teapot.

Anne said...

Love it! Sending some Chihuly love your way (and hoping my email gets through despite the attachments). Keep it up, Kerry!