Saturday, March 10, 2012

Memory Lane Post #6

As you read this, I am cruising around the Eastern Caribbean with the crazy bead ladies taking part in The Bead Cruise. The travel agent putting on The Bead Cruise is an agency called Memory Cruisin'. I thought it would be fun to take a spin off that memory theme and take a stroll down memory lane here on the blog. Can you believe I've been blogging for more than 7, SEVEN, years?!? Wild isn't it? All week you'll find a blast from the past post. Who doesn't like to get a little sentimental?


Posted March 7, 2011
 
For the past week or so, I keep catching myself daydreaming. The daydreams are happening in a such a way and with an intensity that I am startled out of them with a moment of confusion. I can't remember where I am or what I was doing. Then, the daydream slips away and I am left with a sense that something is missing or not quite right. Things are a bit fragmented and much like a close up photograph. You can see with clarity the tiniest of details, but the world around the detail is hard to grasp.


Lately, in thoughts, I've...

:: sat in a rocking chair on a porch holding my husband's hand on a summer evening in old age...

:: leap from a cliff and felt the air rushing over me as I dove into water feet first...
:: rubbed sandpaper on a spackled seam and walked in a pantry in my home that isn't there...
:: seen the fabric of what feels like a favorite shirt on my arm out of the corner of my eye, yet I don't have that shirt in my closet...
:: bent wire in the same pattern over and over and over, but I don't know what I am making...
:: drawn birds and flowers...
:: cut off all my hair, again...
:: sat on cathedral steps with sun in my eyes and warmth on my face...
:: held babies that aren't mine and felt amazing amounts of love...
:: had my hands on the giant steering wheel of an old pick up truck on a curving road...

... and I have forgotten so many more. Where have your daydreams been taking you recently?

No comments: