Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shhh, everyone is sleeping...

It has been a while since I have done a late evening weekend blog post. It has taken until now for things to slow down enough for me to catch you up on the latest goings on. Don't get too excited... things are hectic and crazy, but nothing to get overly excited about. Well, I am trying not to get overly excited about it anyway.

Have I built it up enough, are you chomping at the bit? Do you wanna know?

For several weeks now, we have been house hunting. And today, we put an offer in on something special. We went to see it Thursday, then again Friday... and the offer was placed today. I am not getting overly excited because our offer is about $15,000 under the asking price and I am very sure if won't be accepted. But its an exciting thing to be thinking about all the things that come with a new adventure that is a house. It is such an emotional rollercoaster.

Not sleeping because I am planning what colors to paint each room... wondering where I will put my studio... imaging the flowers that will come up in the flower beds... it gets the juices flowing doesn't it?!?

I'll tell you a tiny bit about it... it is a 2300+square foot Cape Cod style home on an acre in Webster, NY. It's the town I grew up in and it's about 20mins from where we are now, just about 2 miles from my parents home. It has 4 bedrooms, a beautiful great room and a kitchen in need of some TLC. If, by some twist of fate, our offer is accepted, I will share a link to the online listing for it. For now, I'll keep it to myself.

But there you have it... our big news... we are going to move. It may not be this house, but we are definitely hunting for one and hope to be in it before the end of summer. It'll be a wild ride, that's for sure!! Can you imagine the fun Carrie is goin to have packing, lol?!?! And like I said, picking paint colors, planning a new studio... I will be sure to share the whole journey here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last December we accepted an offer on my mom's house for $15,000 less than it was listed for so good luck. Now is the time to buy.
I can feel your excitement - such a fun time in your lives.

Anonymous said...

15K under asking price is not outrageous. This market is so crazy now that it truly is a buyer's market. Our home that we're trying to sell is now listed at about 75k less than I had hoped to sell it for. Bummer for me but a great buy for whoever grabs it (and I hope it's soon!).

Good luck! My fingers are crossed!