Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And then... I was home.

flying in the sun
I have been home since Saturday, but having a "then I was home post" seems only natural after the posts about my Loveland trip. Doesn't it? Thank heavens for good weather on the flights home. I had to get up at 4am to make a 7:30 am flight out of Denver (hour drive and security made for the early morning, lol). The ride was beautiful... smooth and nausea-inducing-free. Nice.

I was greeted at the airport with flowers and chocolate lollipops and peanut brittle. It was great! And so thoughtful. Ron doesn't usually do things like that, and it really made me feel the love. And I hadn't really noticed that I was coming home to a holiday weekend. It was the perfect end to the week. We went to see friends at a bbq on Sunday evening, and yesterday was spent relaxing on the deck in the sun with corn on the cob and new knitting project.

knitting in the sun

That pile of corn is a true right of passage around here. When I was little, the kids (meaning me and my sister) always, ALWAYS, had to shuck the corn. My dad even gave us a name... shuck-a-butt kids, lol. The name has now been passed down to my kids, Lauren in particular. I didn't have to shuck single ear! She did the whole dozen. :)

My tools and wire are, sadly, still in Colorado. They should be here later in the week though. I will be scrambling to be ready for my trunk show at the Memorial Art Gallery. Stay tuned for lots of jewelry eye candy in the coming days!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad you're back Kerry! It was fun reading about your trip! It must have been nice to have such a relaxing weekend! :)

TesoriTrovati said...

So glad the trip went well. It was great fun reading about your experiences..Funny...but we didn't have a name for it, but my sister and I were similarly shuck-a-butts! Now my own daughter volunteers for the job.

Enjoy the day! Erin

pam ferrari said...

Welcome Home! Can't wait for your eye candy!

Eileen said...

welcome home kerry...it was fun following your experience in loveland...i am so looking forward to your book(s)...

so...what's your new knitting project?...i'm still working on that little tank top...i need to sit down and knit knit knit...

Cindy said...

Cute corn-shucking tradition...I need to get my kids on shuck-a-butt duty! They've never even done it once!