Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Snagged - Necklace


I paused in my flurry of cleaning yesterday to make a few (much needed) beads. I was asked by a magazine if I could make a necklace version of my "Snagged" bracelet. "Of course I can," I told them. I need to get this in the mail today!! And I will let you know the details of which publication when the time gets closer. For now, I am keeping it on the down low.

I am glad I slowed down to work on this. I really like the loopiness of the seed beaded strands. I like that it has a POP of contrasting color (the lime green). The flower shape of the bead is too cute. The length really works and I think it'll look great with t-shirts/tank tops in the summer. See, it has loads of things going for it.

Seeing it in this photo also gave me an idea for another variation on it. I'll let you know how that turns out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the flower bead is CUTE and will look great this Spring/Summer!

Anonymous said...

I love it! That would be fun for an adult or a younger one, maybe with a smaller focal bead? So glad you were able to take some time out for this yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace! Perfect for the summer.

Marcia

Anonymous said...

I love it too---so cool!! Kim

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the house!

I need to change my attitude about time...I could never just take a break and create something that great...I need hours to get into the zone. You are truly talented!