Friday, February 13, 2009

31 and a Tutu

flashback1




flashback2




flashback3



Cute kid huh? Check out the sneakers and those overalls my sister has on. Had we not worn them to bits, I bet they would fetch a wicked price as "vintage goods" on eBay or Etsy. LOL. I wish I still had them... I would wear them. Hmmm, maybe I should look for grown up size sneakers like those :)

I seem to remember being in about 2nd grade for most of these photos. I know that yard for sure, but dont' remember seeing the giraffe. It is funny what we remember and what we don't. I seem to have memories of memories, not actual memories. If that makes any sense. I had to post the retro pics today because it's my birthday. I thought about posting another "random things post" like last year, but I don't think I could come up with another 30, lol.

So that is about it. LOL. Plans for today include a visit with friends and dinner with Ron tonight. Oh and I might hit the town with my sister tonight. We'll see about that though. It wasn't exactly a good experience last year, and I am skeptical that this year would be any different. And for those that worried yesterday that my mood was related to my looming birthday. Not at all! I love growing older. I am looking forward to each year to come. I like my age and I'm proud to tell how old I am.

And just in case you thought I was kidding yesterday... twirling in my tutu.

Tutu Twirling

13 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday, Kerry! I hope it is joyful, refreshing, and fulfilling in every way!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kerry! Enjoy.

Marcia

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kerry! I hope you have a great day and get all you wish for.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Do you think they sell adult sized tutus on Etsy?

Kristen said...

Great pictures Kerry! And I LOVE the tutu! Hope you had a great Dance Party yesterday and hope you have a wonderful birthday today! :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday miz tutu!! looks like fun!! lisa d., portland, oregon

Kerry said...

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Shannon, my tutu took less then an hour to make. Run out to JoAnns, get 8yards each of two different colors of tooling ($1.49p/y) and a package of elastic. Sew two ends of elastic together long enough that it will slide over your hips. Cut the tooling into 6in strips (goes quick if you have a rotary cutter!) and knot them all around the waste band... done.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kerry! I'm with you age is just a number, why not tell it. Some days we feel 11 others we feel 111...ha ha ha Enjoy your day and remember to have fun!

Crymson Flower said...

happy birthday! and excellent tutu!

Jo said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have lots of dances in your tutu!

Eileen said...

happy birthday kerry...mine was the 8th...i knew there was something about you...great picks too...

deehebard said...

happy birthday to you...
happy birthday to you...
happy birthday dear Kerry...
happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

My birthday was also last Friday! I think you don't mind telling your age because you're just 31... You might change your mind when you're 46!!!
Naaa... just kidding. I'm proud of my age. The problem is that I don't feel like I'm 46... If I don't look at myself in the mirror and if I don't look at my 15-year-old teenage daughter who wears skinny jeans size 26... I feel I'm 16 or maybe 26!