Thursday, June 26, 2008

Coffee IV Please


Ugh, it was one of those nights, again. Lauren had a very restless night which means Momma had a restless night. I don't think I got to be in my own bed, with my head on my own pillow, until well after 2am. And in my usual fashion, with no aid from an alarm, I was up at 6:30am. Hopefully, hopefully, I can get some rest this afternoon.

I have been mentioning Lauren lots lately, but haven't let you know what is up with my boys. Yesterday was the last day of school. Yeah, yesterday. School goes into late June here. They both officially passed their grades and are moving on up next year. Jacob flew through 5th grade with 6 A's and 2 B's. He is super excited to be going to Middle School next year and have the freedom of not walking in straight lines in the hallways. He also won the class prize for "Most Imaginative Writer", and that makes me so proud! Andrew did great too. He came threw with 3 A's, 4B's and 1 C-. Yeah, that C-, in listening... I am not surprised. What middle child does listen? His teacher and I really butted heads this year. She doesn't leave teacher comments, so I don't have any in site into Andrew's classroom personality. I did hear from his reading teacher that he was able to meet the benchmark for accuracy!! YOO HOO!!! After all his reading struggles this year, I am so excited for him.

Normally, as the last day of school approaches, my anxiety about having three kids home all day, everyday, grows and grows to the point of complete and total dread! All the house stuff this year hasn't allowed me any time to worry about summer vacation. Actually, lol, I think I was blocking it out, hoping that it wasn't coming up as fast as it was. LOL! I know it will be over before we know it. We will fall into some sort of routine... my guess is it'll go something like.... Breakfast, Cartoons, Computer, Lunch, Swim, Snack, Beg to Play the Playstation, and then Dad will be home. Throw in some visits with friends, picnics at the lake, trips to the zoo and like I said, it'll be over before we know it.

No comments: