Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Buttercup

Buttercup View Two
Oh.my.stars... I thought I would never finish this. Jeez. Finally though, last Wednesday, it was done. And it spent until Saturday blocking (drying) because of our week of rain (thank the rain for the grainy photos too... and my kids who keep messing with my camera to make movies of themselves). 100% humidity does not aid in the drying of yarn, nope, no way. I wanted it dry by Saturday though, for my Father's Day outing with my Dad. Yellow and Green are his favorite colors, and being the delightful daughter I am, naturally I would wear his fav.

I am in a state of love/hate with this top. I looks so nice in the pictures, but when I look in the mirror, ugh. I have been wanting a yellow hand knit for months and months and months. Once I had the yarn in my hands though, I worried that it wouldn't work with my skin tones. Fortunately, I was wrong and it does seem to work. Yes, I am looking all busty and voluptuous in the photo there, and I am a fuller top lady... but again, in the mirror, I feel like it is a very boxie top making me look flat. And it is too short. I should have went on for another two inches before adding the lace detail at the bottom. Oh well. I will still wear it.

I am super excited about the new project I cast on this week!! It is a pattern called Whisper that was in the Spring issue of Interweave Knits. EEEEEKKKKKK... it is raisin purple people.... RAISIN! I am about a quarter way up one arm, it has a different style of construction, and I love it already. The color is so lush and fantastic... the weight of it is like a feather... I can't wait to get it done.

Buttercup View One

8 comments:

Eileen said...

OMG kerry...you are making me so jealous...this looks absolutely beautiful...you blow me away girl...how do you do what you do and do it so well...

i'm still working on that silly old tank top...MUST FINISH!...

Holly said...

you are a knitting MACHINE. I am still not even halfway through mine!

Cindy said...

Oh, Kerri, that is an adorable top, you are too critical. I can't pull of that color yellow, but it suits you perfectly!

Lisa said...

Wow, that is gorgeous... I just got a refresher course in knitting while in TN earlier this month and I'm hooked...almost done with a yummy shawl (all cotton, hand dyed yarn) for when it is chilly in my office next winter. I confess to being intimidated by things like sleeves. :)

Nonie Fajao said...

Good Lord woman! You are so talented!
I love that top and that is one of my favorite hues of yellow. From the way it looks on my monitor it almost looks like Tansy yellow. Beautiful! Love it! Gorgeous!

deehebard said...

Kerry...Love the sweater...my Mom and sister are big knitters. i think there might be a solution to a sweater that is too short. If I remember, you can cut off the bottom and then cast back on and make it longer. Check in your area for a Yarn Shop. You need one of the the locally owned ones where the ladies REALLY know knitting and ask them about it. If memory serves me...it can be done. Good luck!

I think it looks great as it is!

Carmen Isaacs said...

I love it!!

Leslie Gidden said...

Stunning Kerry!! Love it with your skirt! You are a wonderwoman!

Warmly,
Leslie