Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long Distance Phone Call

Long Distance Call 1

This photo is a little deceiving. I don't think you can tell much about this necklace from this one little picture. It is so cool! Those beads are hollow and BIG! I would say they are slightly smaller then ping pong balls, but not much smaller. And those coil, swirly links, they are about 3inches long (or 10inches of coil straightened out). It is a great summer length, about 22 inches. Lots of colors too, of course.

Anyone bored of jewelry? LOL. I AM!! Two solid weeks of new jewelry designs everyday and I am bored outta my skull with my blog. We need a little more life thrown in here. Which has been going on in the background. I have been knitting my fingers to the bones on my Buttercup top. Andrew is finishing up his baseball season with his last game on Friday night. And speaking of Andrew, I started picking out the fabrics for his birthday quilt. Remember, I made Lauren a birthday quilt and I said I wanted to make each kid one. Designing a quilt is fun and nerve wracking. What if my measurements are off?!? LOL. Oh, I signed me and the kids up at the YMCA for the summer. Should be fun! We spent the evening at a place called The Epicenter. They have electronic bikes, wii's, ant wall, indoor playground/swing set thing, and more. It was great!

Back to business though... Tonight is the night!! I will be at the Gallery Store inside the Memorial Art Gallery from 6-9pm. I was talking to Ron last night and told him just how nervous I am about this. People are going to get to see my new designs in person for the first time! What if they don't like them? Eeeekkkk. I think it will be fine. And I hope to see some of you there!!

8 comments:

deehebard said...

Not like your work?

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Good luck tonight....you will dazzle everyone!

Kristen said...

I agree, it's hard to believe that people wont like what you've been creating! Good luck and have fun!

Holly said...

good luck tonight- i am sure everyone will love all the new stuff!

BTW, I too am kitting my fingers to the bone on my Buttercup- it's still moving soooo slow though. I am just now to the part where I cast on with the other circ.

Anonymous said...

A gallery showing...that is so cool; you will be great.

Lori G. said...

Love the hollows and love the colors of the coiled wire too! I SO want to be you when I grow up.

Anonymous said...

Kerry,
Relax and smile - people will love your beautiful work!
Good Luck and Enjoy
Marcia B

jeanniesbeads said...

Good luck tonight. Everyone will Love your work....
Jeannie

Sheri said...

This is my favorite of late. Love the colors, love the movement. It's so simple and fun.