Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Shadow Box

Shadow Box Worn

Does anyone still have a shadow box? My Mom does. She used to have several all around the house. They were old printer's tray screwed to the wall and filled with bits and bobs. Mom is down to just four now, on one wall in her room. And I think it is mostly filled with Wades. I remember having to clean all those miniatures on job jar days when I was a kid. There were 100s of tiny little figures that needed dusting. It is no wonder I tend to be a neat freak about cleaning... I was trained that way, lol.

Anyway, the minute I put this necklace on... I thought about shadow boxes. I have no idea why, lol. Maybe it is the dark rich purples that reminded me shadows... then word association led to the next. Hmmmm. Who knows?

I didn't get a "beauty" shot of it before it went to the museum on Monday. So, this will have to do.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't have shadow boxes in my house, if it needs that much attention, I don't have it. I do have a precious moments collection but it is in a curio cabinet so it doesn't require frequent dusting.

Neyra said...

wow this flower is very beautiful.....and your blog is fantastic..........if you want see my blog i'm very happy.....kiss NEYRA

Nancy Sells Puffer said...

Gawd Kerry... Your work just keeps getting better and better. I LOVE this one!!

I need to start hitting estate sales, methinks!