Monday, June 29, 2009

Ho Hum

I have used ho-hum as my post title several times in the past. I don't mean to be so blah. Alas, tis my life at the moment. I feel that I am a much more lively person then this. I certainly have more energy then I feel I am putting out there right now.

It is the kids, I guess. All my energy is focused on answering a million and one questions. Mom, where is... Mom, can you make him stop... Mom, what can I have to eat... Mom... Mom... MOM. It has only been a week and I am forgetting that not only am I Mom, but I am Kerry too. Kerry who likes to make beads, yet hasn't gotten to sit behind her torch in weeks. Kerry who likes to make things, who likes to paint, and who likes to curl up with books.

I know it is all about balance. Finding that place that lets me be Mom and Kerry at the same time. Right now, I am not sure where to find it. Is it in the backyard? Is it in the studio? Is it in my big comfy chair? Maybe it is in a new sketch book where I can doodle while the kids play in the creek. Maybe it is in the car where I can get the kids to sing along to the songs I like.

Wherever it is... this blog is going to be a little dull until I find it. I hope I don't loose y'all while I am looking.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

When you find it do tell! I think I have lost "me" somewhere along the way as well. We all could use a road map to get us through and keep us on the path to our true destination...but perhaps I need to remember that it is the journey that I need to focus on and sometimes life gives us detours. We used to call that "Americana" tours...along the backroads, picking up odd characters and bits of flotsam and jetsam along the way. I have been finding myself on the ball fields more than anyplace, and that is no place to bead, but yet I am fascinated by this detour because these days are all too short. Beads will wait. My kids will not. I hope you find your path again Miss Kerry! Know that we are all wandering with you!
Enjoy the day! Erin

Eileen said...

yes kerry...it is all about balance...sometimes i would like to change my name and go icognito...but no doubt, they will find me...afterall i am mom and eileen...
please take time for yourself at least once during the day to keep konnected with the kreative kerry that you are...