Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat
Such a silly and somewhat boring name for such a bright and playful necklace, huh? Oh well, that's what it wants to be called. No, really. I was uploading the photos and as I was hitting "save as" when the words "Rinse & Repeat" were suddenly being repeated over and over in the my head. What else would I think but this is what the necklace wants to be called? LOL.

My guess is that it is really my subconscious (or dare I say my creative spirit) talking to me. That it feels like I am in a rinse & repeat mode of life right now. Not really doing much more then going through the motions of the day. Not enjoying things enough. And my subconscious would be right. I am still trying to find my footing and a routine to the quiet days I have. Some aren't so quiet, with running here and there, or mid-day doctors appointments that totally throw me off... but at least a few times a week, it is just me, in my quiet house, wondering what to do next.

I had all that pent up creative energy in August and I don't know where it went. I am waiting for it to come back. LOL. Silly, I know. But as I have said before, I am patient when it comes to things like this. I will be inspired and overly creative again in no time. I have an art show coming up in a few weeks and I don't want to disappoint... so lots of new things will be made. I just wonder what new things? Do you ever wonder things like that? There is always a "new thing" and it is out there waiting to be thought of... I sometimes sit and wonder if the thing I am doing at that moment will be the catalyst for the new thing I have been waiting to get inspired to do. Puts grand expectations on little things, I think, and makes me disappointed when the new thing doesn't pop into my head. Alas, it is how I think though, and changing the way you think is a hard thing to do.

And there we are... back to a "Rinse & Repeat" way of life. My stars, I sound sappy. I don't feel sappy. I feel bored, and cheeky, and tired of being patient, and like my ponytail is too tight today. LOL. I am in a think-I-aughtta-paint-something-lime-green kinda mood. You know what... I might just do that! I have been wanting to re-paint the dining room for a while now, and I found a color I love, and although it isn't lime, it is a lovely shade of aqua-ish green. I bet I could have it done by the end of the week. Hmmm... wonder if Ron would mind?

Rinse & Repeat 3

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how you were doing. You've been so quiet in many ways. Sounds like you need something warm and tasty to drink with a cookie--outside of the house. :) And an ear to listen, too, maybe?

Betsy said...

that second photo is stunning as you scroll down! totally cool necklace! my time on the torch produces nothing like that!!! : )

Unknown said...

pretty...pretty neclace

Isn't that the way...when you can't get to your bench you have all kinds of creative ideas...then the kids are gone and...nothing!

Ellen said...

Hey, crazy lady! I love this necklace. I think it's my all-time favorite - so far, anyway. hehehe

rosebud101 said...

Love that necklace!

Cindy said...

Hi Kerry
I think Shelby has a good point... now that you have the time it sounds hard to get going. Your new necklace is beautiful...so perfectly KABS. :-) Good luck getting ready for the big show! I can't believe it's getting so close already.

RockerJewlz said...

It's true...beads talk to us and tell us what they want sometimes. Must be the energy stored in them. They often know what they need more than we do!

Alice said...

That is just the coolest! I love the vibrant colors and the way those sweet beads lay!

barbe said...

WOW!!! If that is Rinse & Repeat, throw me in the washer with it!!! I am MAD about the colors on this, it is pure joy!

Mei Tan said...

Your creations are full of beautiful happy colors. Love them!
I am passing you the "Premio Meme Award" - its at my blog here - http://wireblissmei.blogspot.com/2009/10/long-overdue-blog-awards.html