Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tweaked

jacob's bedroom

Things didn't go according to plan yesterday, but they did work out in the end. Check out Jacob's new old bed. Nothing fancy, just a simple wood headboard and some plain bedding. I picked him up a down comforter for chilly winter nights and no, I didn't iron the bed skirt. I.hate.ironing. Would you believe, his room is always that clean? All I did was sweep and set the bed up. He is like me in more ways than we can count. For his birthday, I plan to get some reproduction vintage football prints for the walls. I can already envision them hanging on the wall over his bed.

Oh, and his neck... thanks for all the well wishes. He is doing much better, but still isn't 100%. I took him for a massage yesterday afternoon, and the massage therapist could feel swelling in two areas still. So he isn't going to football practice tonight, but hopefully he will be back on Saturday.

Now me, on the other hand, totally tweaked my back last night. Ron and I were laying in bed watching an episode of Hell'S Kitchen on my laptop on Hulu. When it was over, I closed my laptop and twisted to set the computer on the floor. Well, I twisted the wrong way and wrenched my back. I was in pain all night, and got very little sleep. I am hoping my Mom can bring her heat pad over later this morning and I can get enough relief to take a breath without being sore. Ugh. I am sure it will be better in a day or two. But I think I need to take this as a sign that I need to slow down and take it easy.

Here is to a day of knitting on the couch with a heat pad and coffee.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Kerry
Sorry to hear you injured yourself..what a drag to deal with that. Did you get that heating pad? I'm so amazed at Jacob's room. How can a boy have such a clean room?! There isn't one area in my house that looks that good! I really like that dresser by the bed, btw.

Eileen said...

oh...the room looks great...
that's life...i never expect things to go as planned...but they always work out...funny!...

sitting on the couch and knitting sounds good to me...

ARNICA!

Unknown said...

glad to hear your son is recovering...but now you...it just never ends. Hope your not down and out too long although knitting is not so bad either...

Ellen said...

Ker, why don't you go to the same massage therapist that you took Jacob to. My back was great last evening after my morning session.

Anonymous said...

Kerry, I'm surprised you use a heating pad. I would have thought you had one of those corn bags made up that you put in the microwave. The heat last a long time and cool off on their own. Hope the pain goes away quickly.