Friday, April 30, 2010

Summer Wear

summer wear 1
summer wear 2
summer wear 3

I have been promising for weeks that I would share new jewelry. I didn't want to leave you hanging any longer, but at the same time, I really don't have anything to show. Like I said yesterday, so many of the ideas are still stuck in my head and life has kept me from getting good quality time in my studio. I am hoping, really really hoping, that starts to change.

I was able to whip up this piece though. I have been imagining a larger than life free form disc for weeks. It really is the perfect Summer Wear, so that is what I shall name it. Oh how lovely it is when the sun hits those transparent layers. It grabs your eye and holds your attention without being too big or too heavy. *sigh* I love it. HA, when my Dad saw this for the first time he got all excited because he thought if I could make a disc this big then I could make plates. Sorry Dad, no plates from me.

I had a little fun in Photoshop playing with these images too. Radial blur is a very cool filter indeed. I am finding myself drawn to photo manipulation more and more. I think you may find that I will be playing with my pictures more often than not. Don't worry though, when I post this on my website, it will be looking crisp as can be on that stark white back drop. That is going to wait until later though... right this very minute, I am feeling the urge to hit the road for a nice run in the sun.

3 comments:

AliBaubles said...

LOVE, love, love it! So clean and simple, but packs a punch! :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Very fresh and very Kerry!
I love it. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Miriam said...

Hello! Just stopping by from Kelly Rae's Flying Lessons class. Looking forward to getting started!

Just love that gorgeous jewellery!

take care,

Miriam xoxo
(Australia)
Blog - http://miriamkaye.typepad.com