Friday, August 17, 2007

Call Me A Kab

Is there really any wonder why this is my favorite wine ever? Come on now... hello, the bottle is really cool! Black label... even a black cork. They spelled my name wrong, but I can forgive that, lol. My name has been spelled wrong all my life. I just LOVE it!

I felt bad about not getting pics from last night's book club for you so, I figured I could take a pic of one of the many empty wine bottles we had. I was lucky enough to have the owner of Miles Wine Cellars give me a case of wine for tastings at book club. We got to try this one, their Pino Noir, Chardonnay, Ghost and Wisteria too. (Don't worry, there were designated drivers.) Miles wine is simply the best!! When I poured my friend Chris a glass of this Cab, she said "I could just bury myself in this... it is heaven." The bottle matched the book for last night perfectly too. We read The Great Gatsy which is set in 1922 (Thanks Lindsey) and there is a very pivotal moment centered around a big yellow car and a lady wanting a ride. I won't give it away, lol.

So you wanna know what a cooked?!? Get ready to drool!! At book club we eat lots of appetizers. Finger foods galore. I made a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, fresh from the garden brushetta (diced tomatoes, basil, garlic and oil) on toast with goat cheese, basil and monterrey jack cheesey triangles of phyllo dough, homemade guacamole (avacados, dice tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos) with blue chips (I LOVE BLUE CHIPS), and an assortment of crackers to go with a creamy brie drizzled with caramel and pecans. Then for dessert, we indulged in a triple chocolate cake with Ron's homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. I thought everything was deeee lish! I hope everyone else did too!!

I think the funniest moment of the night was when there was a line out of my bathroom to laugh at my "bouquet of colorful toothbrushes". LOL! Yes, we have lots of toothbrushes. Everyone has at least two. Don't ask why... I don't know.

The kids spent the evening with my in-laws which meant I had some much needed quiet time with the torch this morning. I have beads cooking!! Enough, I hope, to finish 2 of my "in process" necklaces. I also had time to finish wiring up a third. It needs to get itself into some liver of sulfur, then polish itself and take its own pictures. It also needs to come up with a clever name for itself too. It should be able to get that done by tomorrow.

No comments: