Saturday, August 18, 2007

Refined

Finally!! It feels like it has been ages, doesn't it? Did you ever think I would have a new piece of jewelry again? My stars!! Well, check out the latest... "Refined". This one is a more refined version of my "Outta Ordinarily" necklace from a few weeks ago. This beauty is all sterling silver with more then 50ft of wire in 3 different gauges. It is just amazing. (Even if I do say so myself.)

There are 3 different size glass rings. The green ones are etched copper green, the large ones are a base of black rolled in raku then encased and the others are a very light transparent brown. I don't think you can find a more perfect Fall color combo. But really... when couldn't you were this?

I finished this one up yesterday, along with another surprise piece I'll share tomorrow. We spent 5 hours at a football scrimmage this morning and I can't tell you what a reprieve it was to get on my torch this afternoon. There are beads for at least two new Fall Playgrounds. I can't wait to string them up!! Think... amethyst, avocado khaki, terra, raku, dark red brown and ivory... yeah baby... killer colors, huh?

For now the kiln is cooking and it's time to chill out in the cool air on the deck.

No comments: