Saturday, May 26, 2007

Packin' Up

The house is a frenzy of activity today. We are leaving around 6am on Monday morning and driving to Cape Cod! So, today is being spent doing laundry folding packing and tomorrow we'll do the grocery shopping and load up the car. My washer and dryer hasn't seen this kinda action in ages. I am a very slow load here and there kinda lanudry gal, lol.

Everyone is really excited about this official family vacation. We aren't really the vacationing types. Well, actually Ron isn't the vacation type, the kids and I love it. He, unforutantely, is a home body that hates to leave the comfort of his own back yard. But, I think even he is excited too. Friends at work gave him the name of a place in Cape Anne where you can get $5 lobster. yum. The last vacation we took was 4 years ago to North Caroline to visit with one of my aunts for a long weekend. Other then that... nada in the 13 years we have been together... just sad isn't it, lol. I hope to twist Ron's arm about getting away like this a little more... hey maybe even once a year. Wouldn't that be something?

I am glad you all liked how the chairs turned out. Thanks for all the emails! I hope it inspires you to paint something too. And just so you know, you can click on the images in the slide show and it will take you to a screen where you can scan through the pictures in a larger format and at your own speed. They both have two coats of poly on them now and are close to being ready to use!! I love them!!

I hit the torch for an hour this morning experimenting with a new color combo. I don't know how I am going to go a whole week with no jewelry or bead making... YIKES!!

No comments: