Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tag... your it!



I don't normally take part in these "chain" type things but for my blog, I am changing my policy. It seems I have been meme tagged by Teresa Laliberte and I have been nominated for a Thinking Blogger Award by Melanie Brooks Lukacs.

For the Thinking Blogger Award, my blog makes people think and I am supposed to nominate 5 new people who make me think. I have to say, this is really really hard. I read a lot of blogs, but they are mostly fluff. More eye candy then substance. So it was difficult to decide who to nominate.

#1 - Lindsey L. is blogging about her "Crunchy Life". I have shared this blog before, and I LOVE it! Lindsey is awesome and her posts (even though this is a new blog for her) goes really get me thinking.

#2 - Lori Greenberg is always a fabulous read. She has a few blogs going and she has been nominated by others before. So this shouldn't come as a surprise. I love reading about her studio and seeing her fabulous bead photos.

#3 - K-Style is a blog that makes me think in a different way... makes me think about what I like and don't like when it comes to design and style. I check it out daily!!

#4 - Donna M is always sharing cool links to various places in the cyber world. Plus she has some pretty fabulous beads!! Her blog is on her homepage and I check it all the time too.

#5 - Sarah H has a fabulous blog. And fabulous beads too. Her blog has great content and I enjoy her point of view on things. I think if I didn't have kids, I would be the same type of selfproclaimed hermit that she is.

Okay so there are my Thinking Blogger Award Nominees. If you have been nominated, here are the rules to carry on the meme:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award'

Now to address the tag by Teresa, lol. (Man this is a long post.) For this one, I have to answer a bunch of questions that let you all get to know me a bit better. Then a "tag" 5 new people to answer the questions too. (Told you it is a "chain" thing.)

Here are the questions:
1. “What were you doing 10 years ago?” - Ten years ago would be 1997, I was home preggers with Jacob. Eating until I nearly exploded and was working in a deli at the local grocery store.

2.“What were you doing 1 year ago?” - Same as I am doing now!! I was prepping for CornHill, I was a nervous wreck, and the kids were just getting out for summer recess.

3.“Five snacks you enjoy:" - 1:chocolate covered almost anything 2:nachos 3:chocolate rolled in more chocolate 4:granola bars 5:margaritas

4. “Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:" - Every single song in Disney's The Little Mermaid (sad I know)

5. “Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:” - Open a boutique, get a Mini Cooper, hire a maid, buy a bigger house and go to Ireland (never been there).

6. “Five bad habits:” 1:I clench my teeth 2:I crack my toes (ew) 3:my desk is always messy 4:I like margaritas too much (though I don't get to drink them very often) 5:I don't exercise enough.

7. "Five things you like doing:" 1:reading 2:swinging in my hammock 3:holding hands with my hubby 4:brushing Lauren's hair 5:digging in the garden.

8. "Five things you would never wear again" 1:glasses that look like they are upside down 2:giant bow hair clips 3:tafita 4:bicycle shorts 5:?

9. “Five favorite toys:” my rollerskates, Candy Land, my torch, DVD player, and my camera.

Now I am tagging Lindsey, Cindy, Yee, Cassie and Holly! You so totally don't have to do it if you don't want to. I am not gonna give you bad bead karma or hex you or anything. It's just for FUN!! Now I gotta go tell everyone they were tagged, lol.

Realy quick, before I go I'll tell you about the jewelry pics!! The top are some new pendants I made last night. GIANT discs. I am talking HUGE! They are bigger then a half dollar strung up on some beautiful silk cording I got at B&B. Below is another playground style bracelet. This one, all brights. It would seem that people have been waiting for Playground bracelets!! The two from the past two days have already been scooped up and are one their ways to their new homes. Just means I am gonna get to make more!!

I finally got a cable for my camera so I am gonna download all my pics and I can tell you all about shopping at B&B tomorrow!!

1 comment:

kstyle said...

Thanks so much for nominating me kerry. I can't play this time as am totally swamped right now with kids and visitors so can barely get a post out but thanks so much for the really nice words. k