Thursday, September 20, 2007

To the Gallery I go!

I received a wonderful email last week from the purchaser at The Gallery Store at the Memorial Art Gallery. The same gallery that held The Clothesline Arts Festival a few weekends ago. I had left one of my cards at the shop there, in the hopes that they might be interested in carrying my work. AND THEY ARE!

I had a meeting at the gallery today. We narrowed down which pieces they want to have in the store. I am going to work the next couple weeks on created some custom pieces to go with the ones they will have. Then, they are going to "launch" my work to coincide with a new exhibit that will be at the museum in a few weeks. I can't wait to get started on the new pieces!! One is already in the works.

So it was a very busy and excited day around here!! Be sure to keep popping in to the blog here to see the designs that I make just for the museum store!!

OH, and don't forget... "Breaking The Ice" is ending on eBay in just a few hours. GO BID!! I have to say, eBay really has me discouraged... maybe it is just the time of year... I certainly hope it isn't the beads, because these are really awesome beads!!... but I just don't seem to be getting the kind of action I hoped for. :( So go bid!! Make me proud!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I would be thrilled to get $76 (current bid) for 9 nuggets!! That's double what I can get away with charging in my neck of the woods :)

You do beautiful work--don't let eBay get you down.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your gallery offer! And those beads are gorgeous. Keep plugging away. Christmas is coming!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Kerry on your success with The Gallery Store. I was fortunate to visit the Memorial Art Gallery in August while visiting my daugter in Henrietta (I'm in Florida). I love that museum! And the Gallery Store carries an amazing assortment of work, from Chihuly to jewelry by local artists! I'm sure you will be successful there. Oh, and don't worry about ebay, if you can sell your beads elsewhere I wouldn't even list them there. JMHO.
Brenda Marhon
P.S. I'm a wire work jewelry hobbyist right now until I can retire. I follow your blog with interest since I saw your work at a street fair in Rochester a few years ago.

Lori said...

Congrats on the gallery!!!!
Way to go!
I love the bead box because I get almost instant gratification. I already have my two sets I bought!