Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Little Snipets

I have been enjoying a bunch of blogs that are doing photo projects about everyday life. I decided that I wanted to do it too. So, for the next 366 days (it's a leap year, did you know?) I am going to try tracking my life with my camera. Just one photo a day... (yeah I know 1.12.08 has two photos... but it was the first day, lol) that is a random moment of my everyday life. I'll be posting the photos in my Flickr gallery HERE. Don't worry, LOL, I won't be boring you with it here. Well, that is of course unless I get a really really good picture that you just have to see.

This art project is more for myself then anything else. I can't wait to look back at these days a year from now. I hope it helps me grow a little as a photographer and I hope it helps me to look at my days in a different, more appreciative and hopefully humorous, (check out 1.13.2008, can you tell what that is about, LOL) way. I think, all to often, I get caught up with this or that and I forget that I have a really good life. I am one of the lucky people that get to follow a "calling" to create and I shouldn't take that for granted.

If you have a camera, I think you should do it too. Really, what could it hurt? I am also challenging myself to leave the photos as taken. No editing, at all. You'll see them just as they come out of my camera.

3 comments:

Michele H said...

I love this idea. Maybe I'll take you up on the offer to at least make an effort to take one picture a day (doesn't mean it will happen). It would be interesting to look back and see it later...

Kerry said...

Great Michele! Where are you going to post the pics :)

Michele H said...

I decided to use Kodak Gallery since I am a Kodak employee and it is relatively easy for me to get my pics up there.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=3sssvir.9zz3oy1r&x=0&h=1&y=ej8e3i

Feel free to post this comment on your site.