Monday, April 09, 2007

*IMPORTANT* eBay Scams

A customer of mine sent me an email this morning that she received from someone posing as me. I want you all aware... I DO NOT SEND SECOND CHANCE OFFERS!! If you receive one of these mails please DO NOT click any of the links in the email and forward it immediately to spoof@ebay.com.

Here is what was sent:

From "valentin andrei" valentinousa18@yahoo.com

"Hello,I'm the seller of the item that you've recently bided through the eBay system (Item title:KABs Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads - 4WC SRA LE Item number: 190097219811)Because the high bidder could not finish the deal i have to offer you a second chance offer at your last bid price.If you are still interested in this item and want to buy it at your last bid price please reply me.The transaction will be made only through eBay service so we will be both protected by eBay SafeHarborTeam.I trully appologise for this inconvenience and sorry for disturbing you.Thank`s for your understanding and co-operation!!!"

The scam is that these people get you to pay for the beads and then keep your money. They don't have the beads, obviously. Watch for these emails!! Don't be a victim!! Never reply to them and if you ever have a question about an auction, please email directly with the "Contact Me" button on my website or through eBay.

No comments: