Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Disenchanted

Disenchanted is the word of the day, no wait, it is the word of the week, maybe even the whole month!! It is the word that best describes my mood of late. I don't know what it is that is causing it, but I wouldn't doubt that it has something to do with the fact that it is mid April and still in the 30s with snow and mud covering the ground.

It seems everything has me frustrated. Grrr.... the kids are doing great in school (parent-teacher conferences tell me so) but at home they are totally wound up and going just as stir crazy as I am. They can't play outside in the ankle deep mud so instead they nit pick each other until someone comes to me crying with a red mark on them somewhere. It's enough to make a Mom wanna run away from home!

Then there is our house... more grrrr.... since we can't get outside we are on top of each other. I have mentioned before I am ready to move, but my hubby isn't. Our house is small, too small for five people. It is fine when we get locked in around November... and it isn't so bad in December, but by April, I get all claustrophobic... the walls close in on me. I get miserable and frustrated with the house.

Then there is the whole glass/beads/jewelry part of life. I love love love what I do!! But it I can't seem to devote the time I want to it. Which puts me in a crappy mood. I have lots of ideas and no time to do it. There is "busy" work I could be doing, but it is boring, lol. I know, I sound like a kid that doesn't want to do their homework, I admit it!!

I watched that special on Oprah last week about "being happy" and I do really consider myself a happy person. I try to be positive, I try to take things as they come... I look on the bright side. I am not worried too much, I am sure this moodiness won't last very long. I just thought you should know what is going on in my head. That is what this blog is for right? So you all can learn about me, my life and my studio. Well, that is my life in a nutshell the past week... disenchanted. I'll perk up and come around... don't you fret. Letting you know what is up is already making me feel a little better (plus the beams of sunshine coming in the window over my shoulder are helping too). AND, I have a date with my torch at noon... and I am really excited about a new idea I have. I'll let you know how it all goes.

And on a somber note, I want to express my heart felt condolences to the many people effected by the awful happens at Virginia Tech. It is a truly surreal situation and I can't imagine what the families of the victims are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

No comments: