Sunday, April 29, 2007

Down & Dirty



It seems like only yesterday I was telling you about the latest snow fall totals... thanks heavens spring is definitely here!! We spent a big chunk of yesterday going to the town hall in my parent's neighborhood to load up on recycled leaf mulch. It's free... and it's thick and rich, and black and the gardens just love it. Last year we were too slow and it was all gone by the time we were ready to get a load.

If you put flower beds to "bed" in the Fall... then today was the day my bed got "woken up". I was a weeding, raking, shoveling, mulching maniac. I love being in my gardens. I hauled countless wheelbarrels of mulch to all the gardens around the entire perimeter of our house. I love dirt on my hands and under my nails. Though I had to wash my hands so many times to help the kids with stuff that I am now feeling the after effects. My hands are raw, blistered and very very dry. I am rubbing them with lotion every 15mins, lol. But I am not complaining.

I did try and sneak in just a teeny tiny bit of torch time this morning but I was scattered and distracted so I doubt there is anything great coming out of the kiln. Better luck tomorrow. I have too many ideas in my head right now. I really need to stop for a minute, grab my sketch book and organize my thoughts. I am still sticking to my "make something everyday" plan. Yesterday I used a few loose beads I had around to make some cool lariats and a few pendants too. I will be heading down to the wineries where my jewelry is available in a couple weeks... I really got to get stuff made just for them!! They love the little things, earrings, pendant, bangles and neckwires. Not the funnest things to make... but you do what you gotta do, right?

We booked a little spring get away yesterday!! Our family will be heading to Cape Cod for Memorial Day later this May. We will be there for 4 days and I can't wait to see the ocean!! Well, actually I am really excited to get to see my kids see the ocean for the first time. They will probably think it is a big lake, lol... but sandy beaches, miles of ocean front, cool shops and just relaxing... I can't wait!!

Last but not least... here is a pic of Penny, my Mom's English Bulldog puppy... she's getting so big.

No comments: