Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Gatsby Girl

I can't tell you how long I have been waiting to cut Lauren's hair!! Okay, wait... I can tell you... how old is she? YEAH, I have waited FIVE years. Lauren has never had more then a little snip off the ends of her hair since she was born. With hair as curly and beautiful as her's, it seemed a shame to cut it. I started suggesting a cut about 4 months ago, but her Daddy had her well trained... "don't touch my hair!" she would say. But then... Emma at school had her hair cut. I said "hey Lauren, what if we get your hair cut like Emma's". YOO HOOO!! She was all for it!!

First the before... the hair that touched her fanny... the hair that is going to Locks of Love.... the hair that was a daily swirly knotty unbrushable mess...





And now the cut... the stylist is my Aunt Therese (my Dad's sister). She is at a salon called E.GADD...






Isn't she a doll!?! She looks like she just stepped out of the 1920s!! I love it. And more importantly... she really loves it. I can't wait to play with it this morning, lol. I always wanted curly hair.


4 comments:

Michele H said...

Lauren has beautiful hair. She reminds me of my 9 year old who just had her hair cut for really the first time in 1.5 years. I'm sure it will be much easier to take care of and cooler for the summer. Congratulations on convincing her to make the right choice!

Jo said...

Oh lovely! She looks gorgeous with her curly bob. My little boy is 2.5 and hasn't had more than a trimmed fringe since he was born. His blond ringlets are below his shoulder blade now! He's definitely got a boy's face though, so we don't get 'oh what a cute girl' comments in the street!

What Locks of Love? I assume it's a charity?

Anonymous said...

I think she's adorable with long or short hair. The short hair will be easier to take care of and cooler in the summer. I always had long hair and just recently cut mine to just below shoulder length. My hair was thinning because of thyroid issues and now it looks so much healthier. It was a shocker for me to have the short hair. Now I love it and will keep it this lenght.
How did Dad like the new hair do? I am sure she modeled for everyone to see her new cut.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Does Hollywood know this child exists?