Wednesday, April 12, 2006

On a rant...

aaaggghhh!!!! I am in a rotten mood all of a sudden and just had to come and vent. I was out at the torch working on knobs. I made some really cool ones that took about 45 minutes a piece. One by one I put them in the kiln, careful to make sure they weren't too hot for the kiln. I came in, had dinner, went back out to start a set of beads and... then it hit. Bead block / frustration / miserable mood. I may have to go sit down with a glass of wine I am so grrrr right now. See, when I went back outside and checked on the knobs, the first one I put in had fiber blacket from the inside of the kiln stuck too it. This happens when the bead is too hot. In this case the knob was too hot. So what does that mean? THE KNOB IS RUINED! That's what it means! It is gonna be all bumpy in one spot... I could cry but instead I am pissy. I was so excited about that one, it was gonna be so cool. Hopefully all hope insn't lost, I may be able to etch it tomorrow and take the surface off to remove the bumpy part. It may still be usable, I will let you know. But anyway, after that I made 3 beads, and they were just not up to par for me. There was piting which some transparent colors will do from time to time if they get pressed too hot... I was adding too much glass then not enough glass. Colors were looking weird and that kinda thing. UGH, it's frustrating.

It probably isn't good business sense to rant and rave to your clients (aka friends and blog readers) but hey, I am a moody artist so hopefully you'll understand. I am sure you all get those days in you too. ANYONE HAVE A BAR OF CHOCOLATE THEY CAN SEND ME? I think a big old Cadbury would be perfect right about now. LOL! Oh well, I will just wait and see what they look like in the morning and spend the evenign in front of the tv glued to LOST and American Idol. Hopefully seeing John Locke will cheer me up... for those of you who are new to my blog, I recently discovered I have a "thing" for older, mucho masculine, bald men (aka John Locke, Captian Pickard, Sean Conery, sorry I can't spell). There was a hole post on it a few months back, lol!

Time to call it a night... I have about 6-7 email sitting in my inbox with your wonderful votes. I just havent' gotten to replying to confimr I received them... I will do it first thing in the morning. Till then....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maaaann I hate those moods. Usually i'll have a half-good idea for a necklace and will force myself to make it, then i'll get all sad and will stop making the necklace and get upset about how much wire I've wasted LOL. But anyway. I used 3 out of the 20 beads!!! Lookie here: http://jessi-design.blogspot.com/2006/04/kerry-i-finally-used-your-beads.html :-D