Saturday, September 09, 2006

And the results are in....


You know, I thought I was on cloud nine when I got my magazine issue on Tuesday... but I was wrong, I am even higher with excitement now.

Today was my best day ever! I feel terrible that I don't have many photos for you but there just wasn't the time. I actually had a line in my booth at one point. I had some of my favorite pieces sell, I am kinda sad to see them go. "Autumn Threads","Fiesta", "Breeze", and "At The Playground" are all off to new homes. Out of two dozen bangles, I am down to 5. I am trying to mark things as sold on my website. I am so relieved I didn't spend a ton of time putting everything up on my website just to have to take it down. I will have to make updates this week with what pieces are left after the second day of the show, tomorrow.

I had a WONDERFUL helper today. Lauren's speech therapist, Susan, who I have really gotten to know over the past year & a half, was there to be my buddy first thing in the morning. She was such a great help. She has many years of retail sales experience under her belt and was busy rearranging/straighten/boxing/writting up jewelry with me. She even got some Hoilday shopping done too. We filled up with lots of roasted cinnamon almonds and a crepe for lunch.

I am really tired so I hope this makes sense and that I haven't made too many spelling errors, LOL. My sister will be with me tomorrow! I will try to make one or two things tonight to fill in gaps but for the most part, I think it will be a pretty easy day.

Thanks so much for all the supportive emails you all have been sending! I really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, KERRY! I'm really psyched for you. It sounds like you had SO much fun today. There are some lucky ladies out there that got to take home a new piece of your jewelry! :-)
~ Cindy

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it Kerry,
Awesome way to go....
I agree with Cindy, there are alot of lucky ladies wearing your art pieces.
Kathy

Kerry said...

Ahhhh Thanks Girls!

What babble I left yesterday. LOL, sorry. I didn't tell you a whole lot, did I? Well, it is 6:30am and I don't have time to chat, but I will tell y'all more tonight.

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Kerry, I too - like you, am on Lake Ontario - I'm in Burt, NY (Newfane) but live my weekends in a house that my father (recently passed) built in the Fingerlakes (East side of Keuka Lake).

THANK Goodness to him for showing us the area - our Love of the area and appreciation of the beauty that beholds us each morning - the view of the lake & the bluff have never waned. (Probably my Dad, who pronounced every day a "celebruios day" was because in my Dad's mind, it was 70 degrees and sunny, no matter what the weather, to him it was always perfect...I wish I inherited his outlook on life....") We would've been totally absorbed in work - had my Dad not insisted on showing us the "finer things in life = PEACE...QUIET...MORE hard work...LOVE of family....and every day we miss him for it...

Just have to say LOVE...LOVE your work. I've been flameworking on a hothead ever since a class at Corning 2 yrs ago. So addictive. Just wanted to say I'm so happy to see a local girl do good, and how much inspiration you give to "budding artists" like myself who can only dream of doing a show - Thanks for your BLOG and your postings.