Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

Hey devoted blog followers...

Who noticed me post the "Speckled & Spooky" beads on Ebay last night? Well if you didn't see just click HERE to check them out! I started then at 99 cents. I start all my "holiday" beads that way. I did my valentine's beads that way too. I hope you all will go bid like crazy!

I just came in from the torch a few minutes ago and I can't wait to see the beads tomorrow. These are going ot be really cool... I think. LOL. You never really know until they come out how they will really be but they have me jazzed to pull them out in the morning. Have you noticed the big "twisy" bead trend going on in the Ebay bead world? For examples click HERE, HERE & HERE. Well, I suck at making twisties. I have tried (albeit a while ago) and just couldn't get a good twist. BUT!, Lynnie over at Artemis Beads can make awesome ones! So I bought a couple dozen to try my hand at the twisty bead craze. And that is what I spent today working on. I decided to go with my "Western Denim" color combo of transparent root beer brown with ivory and turquoise. You all know I had to find a way to be different so I added splashes of dusty brown enamels too. And then to top it off... I added some plaid!!! It took more then two hours to make 9 beads. That is a long time for just a few beads, but I am hoping it will be worth it.

I know you all have been chomping at the bit for new bead box beads. I have been reading the email requests. So tomorrow I am going to stick with the "Western Denim" colors and make bead box beads while Lauren is at school. Cross my heart. I was in the psycho show mode for so long in August and September that I couldn't make the switch back to my usual bead routine. I am hoping to find my groove this week. Hang in there with my while I look for it, okay, lol.

I am gonna go get some dinner started... who's watching Desparate Housewives tonight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerry I bet your try at the twistie beads will be just gorgeous. And then to top it off you did the plaid too? I can't wait for you to share them with us.
I am glad you will be doing the western days for the bead box. That color combo is fantastic.
BTW Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives were good.
Both seasons are going to be great this season. I am hooked on both of them.
Can't wait to see the new creations.
Kathy