Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rainy Day Results


Who got their October issue of Bead & Button? Do you recognize this project? It is the tutorial by Nancy Sells Puffer. Nancy has a very unique style that weaves liquid silver beads in and out of her lampwork beads. I love it. Reminds my a lot of the work of Cassie Donlen. Cassie's beads are what made me want to learn lampworking. Cassie's beads are very different from Nancy's but Cassie weaves seed beads in and out of her bracelets. So here is my version... "Coffee House".

I am not very good at following directions so I don't think I actually did what the tutorial said. But I really wanted to give it a try. Then I wanted to see how I could incorporate into my own style. So, since I am a wire woman... I decided to try and weave the liquid silver in and out of wire winks. I LOVE the results! This is "Ripples". You don't quite get the effect of the silver winding in the photo but trust me, it is beautiful on your wrist.

Anyway.. that is how I have been spending my rainy day. I tried to make beads but wasn't in a good mood so it didn't go very well. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I will let you know!

No comments: