Sunday, November 12, 2006

It Begins...

I know, I know you all were hoping to see pics from yesterday's show. And I hate them, I promise, but one problem... they are on my Mom's camera. See, when I got to the Open House yesterday and had finished setting up, I pulled out my camera ready to take some pics when... I FORGOT THE MEMORY CARD! Grrr.... so I called my Mom (who was planning on coming by anyway) and asked her to bring her camera for me. I got a few great display shots to share. But first, I need to get them from my Mom's camera to her computer, to a disk to my computer. So, you'll just have to wait for tomorrow.

The Open House went GREAT!!! We had such a great time. Our hostess Susan was wonderful and we had a super turn out. Around 100 people went through, which doesn't sound like a lot but it was a very steady flow of people all day. I am really starting to learn my crowds and what to expect from them. In an open house environment, most people go straight for the bangles, neckwires and earrings. All the least expensive items. At the art shows, everyone dives for the one-of -a-kind bracelets and necklaces. Either way, I love my customers. I got wonderful feedback. Everyone loved my stuff. And, somewhat thankfully, I only need to work on the neckwires and bangles this week. I did sell several of the nicer bracelets but I still have a pretty good variety to choose from.

Now, on to next weekend. On Saturday you all will be able to find me at "Deck The Halls" inside Anthony Road Wine Company. This is such a cool event. You purchase tickets in advance and then as you visit each of the 2 dozen wineries on Seneca Lake, you given a special orament to hang from a grapevine wreath. You also get a special tasting and little side dish. Like last year AR was serving a wild rice with a nice white wine. Most couples get together and rent a limo or get on one of those bus tours. It is a wonderful way to spend a day. And from what I hear, the weekend is already sold out. AR is one of the wineries that carries my jewelry so they are gracious enough to open their doors and set up an extra spot for me. My sister will be coming to help me out too. Should be a great time! Plus I got a call that they need to go shopping too at the end of the night, seems they have run out of jewelry again!

Are you wondering why I titled this "It Begins..."? Well, next week is my 10yr high school reunion and what is starting is seeing all those faces I know I know from somewhere. I WON'T be attending the reunion. School was aweful for me. I was tortured (bullied, picked on, called names, everything) on a daily basis for years and have no desire to see most of the people there. Anyone I would want to see, won't be there. The friends I am close with, I can see anytime and I don't need to spend an arm and a leg to do it. I will probably go to the next one, but this one, it is just not one I am anxious to go to.

So... on the bead front, I will be trying to make some later this evening, then I'll have a few afternoon and evenings to work this week too. Lots to do, I will have loads of photos to share along the way :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Open House, Kerry. It sounds like after all that hard work you had SO much fun. I would have loved to be there! :-)
~ Cindy

Anonymous said...

Kerry, I am so glad to hear that your show went so well! I love your hearts too...they are perfect! I hope this weekend goes great...wish I could take a road trip :) Good luck with everything, just wanted to say hello and let you know your jewelry is lovely!!

Carey