Sunday, November 19, 2006

Time for Wine


Welcome to Anthony Road Wine Company! Isn't this iron sculpture great!?! This winery is just beautiful. It is HUGE, and full of wonderful bright light. My sister and I arrived there bright and early yesterday morning for our set up. Seneca Lake is about an hour and a half from my house so we had to leave pretty early. The winery opened at 10:00am, and there were people already waiting at the doors.



When you walked in the front door, here is what you saw... me! It looks like a large space but it was actually rather tight. There is less then two feet between my table and that back wall. Bonnie and I were taking turns sitting in a small folding chair tucked under the table. Good thing I bartended for years and I am used to being on my feet for hours at a time. My poor feet were hurting puppies by the end of the day though.

More then 900 people ended up going though for the "Deck The Halls" tastings as well as regular visitors to the winery. Everyone had one thing on their mind... wine. I did end up having an okay show with a number of pieces selling, but it wasn't stellar show stopper yoo hoo sales kinda day. I have been so worn out from the build up for the past two weekends, that I decided to pack up last night and just do the one day. Plus, had I gone today, I would have had no help. And although I am very capable of setting up and taking down by myself, I didn't want to spend 3 hours alone driving as well as the 7 hours at the winery and all that packing and moving.
I will work this week on updating the website with all the new jewelry that is available. I got lots ya know. And then, I hope to have new beads by next weekend. I am not one to go nuts shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't mind going nuts making beads that day. I will keep ya posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerry,
You did it! What an absolutely beautiful set-up you had. It looks very sharp and professional. Now that your show is behind you, you can relax! Congrats!!!
~ Cindy