Saturday, November 25, 2006

Streaking!


I have had a wild and wooly couple of days. They have been a little hectic and a little relaxed. Typical holiday weekend type things. Thanksgiving was great! My Mom put on a fantastic spread. She made FOUR different pies!! There was a Dutch Apple, Mince Meat, Pumpkin Cheesecake and a real Cherry Pie with fresh cherries. Ron swears he will never eat another cherry pie again. Mom's was hands down best he ever ever had. My favorite was the squash. I HATE squash!! But Mom peeled and diced butternut and acorn squash then mixed them with chunks of apple. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and a little brown suger then bake... you have the best squash on the face of the planet. I cross my heart and hope to die... it is the best! You have got to try it!!!

After dinner my Dad turned on some tunes and we were all dancing around having fun. My Dad has an old jukebox full of 45s right in the living room. The kids love pushing the buttons and picking songs. There are 200 songs! My favorite is 249 "Usta Be My Girl - by The O'Jay". My Dad used to sing it to my daily when I was little. And it was my father-daughter dance at my wedding.

Friday morning I was being sweet to my husband and decided to make coffee just the way he likes it. He likes it stronger then I normally take it. It was a BIG mistake. I got so gittery I started cleaning... and couldn't stop!! I am talking clean the blades of the ceiling fan, washing the serving platters that are on top of the kitchen cabinets kinda cleaning. I didn't stop until almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon. But at least now my house is nice and spic n' span. It smells so fresh and clean! If now I could just make a dent in the mountain of laundry I have. Ugh.
Here is a photo of what I did today:

(edited to remove photo of my hair that Ron, Mom, and Bonnie all said was terrible!)
Check out the hair cut!! And the streaks of BLOND!! My hair is sooo blond in some spots that it is CLEAR, lol. I need to get used to it, but I think I really like it. I love the cut. It is so light and bouncy. It is all stacked and layered in the back, really cool. It's really hard taking a good picture of yourself, lol. I hated every picture I took (encluding this one) but I had to show you something. Here is a side view.... just look how much yellow is in there.

(this one I will leave here)
The lighting has my base color looking pretty light but it is really rather dark. Almost black. And my hair is really really really straight. I have always faught the straightness but I have come to terms with it and actually like my straight hair. Just needs the right cut so I don't start hating it.

After my sister worked her magic on my hair, I went to my in-laws for our Thanksgiving get together with them. Afterwards Ron went out to play poker with his friends and I took the kids to see Happy Feet. It was a cute movie. So here it is, almost 9pm and I am just getting home. I am beat.

But enough of my boring couple of days... you wanna know about beads. I have been making a couple of sets a day the past few days and plan on making lots more tomorrow. Depending on how tomorrow goes, I may wait and post beads on Tuesday. That way I get an each couple of hours of torch time in on Monday too. Ron is loving the beads so far. So I think you'll like them too. I don't know how "Christmasy" you are gonna think they actually are. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see.

Tomorrow we will be hanging Christmas lights and my dear friend Julie is turning 40!! We will be going to a birthday party for her tomorrow afternoon. Should be a BLAST! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :)

1 comment:

ikkinlala said...

Your haircut looks great!

And the squash does sound yummy - I'll have to remember that for the next time I have squash. Do you think it would work with just one kind?