Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shivering...

Were you wondering where I disappeared to yesterday. Well, right around the time I was going to update this blog yesterday, the phone rang. It was the paving company we had accepted a quote from in August. The plague of nasty weather had us thinking they weren't going to be able to get our driveway in until spring. But last night they let us know they would be here at 7:30 am. And that is just when they pulled in this morning! That phone called sidetracked my train of thought and made me forget to update. Oops. Anyway... check out the workers grading our driveway in the drizzle. I stood out there in that drizzle with them for three hours! I was bringing them coffee and banana bread, I was moving rocks in my gardens that were in the way, and I was rearranging the garage so they could pull the roller in and out. What is amazing is that they were done by 11:30! Fast! And the driveway looks great. The kids are super excited, they'll be rollerblading and bouncing the basketball on it by the weekend.



Those hours in the drizzle has had me shivering all day. Coffee, hot showers and heavy blankets can't seem to warm me. I'll take another hot bath tonight before bed and hopefully the shivers will be gone by morning.


As promised here is a snap shot of my set up at the Open House this weekend. I would NOT recommend clicking on the photo, it is very blurry. So it goes using someone else's camera. Oh well, I will get a better one this weekend for you.

Speaking of this weekend, I made beads yesterday but I am not thrilled with them. I made three wine stopper beads that I really like but the bangle beads are just not doing to for me. And I am supposed to be heading out there now to get a few hours in at the torch before bed, but I am so unmotivated. I am over tired and cranky but I know I should go make an effort. Then I will be out there again tomorrow afternoon and probably tomorrow evening, not to mention Thursday evening too. Then Friday I will repack the van and load up the jewelry. I can't wait for next week. I'll be done with shows for the year, and I can focus on making beads just for FUN! I have ideas for Bead Box Beads and Ebay sets. Got everything all written down so that as soon as I can get some free time, I will be all over it!

Alrighty, enough avoiding... time to blaze!

WAIT! FREE BEADS!! The winner is ALICE P! Yoo HOO Alice!!! New beads are posted, thanks for the votes :)

No comments: