Tuesday, May 09, 2006

8 years already!


Today is our 8 yr wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe it has been that long already. It seems like only yesterday and then again ages ago. Have I ever told you all how Ron and I met? It was in 1994... we were both working at Webster Golf Club at the time. I was the snack bar girl and he was the proshop guy. I actually had a big old crush on the other proshop guy, John. But John was dating some girl that was having an affair with a married man... not gonna go there. We had worked together for a couple of months. John had asked Ron if he had seen the "New Girl" yet. John said "She looks like Olivoil but she's got a nice a$$" LOL! I did... I had hair half way down my back that I always wore in a bun and I was skinny as a rail (prior to having 3 kids). John convinced Ron to ask my to the local Fireman's Carnival... I had a miserable time. He was so boring, he didn't want to ride the rides. But for some reason we just kept doing things together. I would tag along and caddy for him when he golfed. We would watch movies, go to the lake... all kinda things. It was the first serious relationship I was ever in. And you are gonna think this is bad... but at the time I was 16 and he was 24! EEEEKKKK! Now 12 years and 3 beautiful children later it doesn't matter. You can hardle tell there is an age gap. My parents were the same way. They got married when my Mom was 17 and my Dad was 23. In July they celebrate 30 years together! What a great example for us :) Oh and the photo is one from a couple of summers ago when we went to a wedding. It was right after I had Lauren and Ron insists my cheeks aren't that chubby anymore, LOL! And my hair is nothing like that now but Ron looks the same, LOL! Makes me think we should get dressed up and take a better couple photo.

Alright on to bead things... nothing new to report! I did NO BEADING yesterday! We have had laundry issues and that had to be dealt with. The washer broke last week and the replacement came yesterday. Lauren also has another cold and she spent the day runing around saying... "I got buders", she can't say boogers. LOL!

I drew the winner of the free beads yesterday... CHRISSIE CONGRATS! I posted new beads, the photo is terrible but the beads are beautiful! Check them out and don't forget to vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»