Thursday, October 12, 2006

sur-PIE-zing


bbbrrrrrrrrrr.... right now just one county away from here there is 4 inches of snow on the gound!! The lack effect band of snow off Lake Erie didn't hit East of Rochester, where I am, but the freezing temps are here. It is around 38 right now. Brrrrrr......

Lauren and I kept warm today with a visit from my Mom. I had called this morning and invited her for lunch & chicken soup. Once she got here she had something else in mind. She brought Lauren some new Shirley Temple movies (Mom has the entire collection on VHS) and decided we should make jelly tarts (roll ups). Mom is masterfully with pie dough. There is actually a secret family recipe that I am sorry, if I told you I would have to kill you.


My Mom and Lauren really have a very special relationship. My Mom loves spending time with Lauren and introducing her to new tradions. So today, Lauren learned Gee's (what she calls my Mom) secret recipe! She rolled all the tarts too. I made a Cherry Pie with some of the dough to surpise the kids for dessert. I also decided to go all out and do a special dinner. I did a big pot roast with potatoes and carrots, it was like butter, it just melted in your mouth. Yummmmmmmm!

With everyone's belly nice and full we are relaxing watching Survivor. No new beads yet, but soon! Check ya later.

2 comments:

kstyle said...

Hey Kerry,

Am in top 10 in decor 8 workspace contest. would love it if you could hop over to kstyle. need your vote. Thanks so much and stay warm. k

Anonymous said...

I love that picture too.

When I lived up North I always made peanut butter cookies when it snowed.

Be safe...