Wednesday, June 21, 2006

*sigh* my last quiet day...


Well, its official... today is my last day without the boys home. It's the last day of school for this year. I am already getting lots of shaking heads and comments like "I don't know how you are gonna do it" from family and friends. No one knows how I am NOT going to drive myself nuts home all day with three kids and try to run my business. But we will figure things out. Evenings will be MY time. I can't torch in the heat of the day anyway...

So check out the corkscrew earrings I made Monday night. I first saw the corkscrew design at www.deepwoodart.com . Fran's beads are just stunning! So I give her total credit for this design. I am pretty sure you can order them from her through her catalog. She has so many wild original things on her site, so go check her out!

As a "newbie" (yes I still consider myself very new to what I do)... there is so much for me to learn out there. I love looking at all the beads that are out there. Being that I am learning all the time, I like trying out what others have done and learn from that. For example... I tried making some solid color corkscrews at my first attempt. Then from there I have tried to change things up and make them my own. I added spots and dots, swirls... and then, even made them two tone. Which I haven't seen from anyone anywhere else. Isn't that how all new ideas get started? You see something you like and admire, then you are jumpstarted with ideas of your own... what if I did this, what if I did that...

I am off to try and read a few more pages of my book club book... our meeting is tomorrow night!

No comments: