Thursday, June 01, 2006

Creative Drum Roll...


WOW! I got a lot done today. I am in "Show Mode", there is now way else to describe it. Saturday is mine and Heidi's (Woodland Wisp Jewelry Creations) Spring Open House. To be completely honest, I am no where near where I should be to be ready for it. But I have been working my tail off the past two days playing catch up.

Here is what I was able to make so far:
"Whirl Wind"
"Industrial"
"Reach for Stars"
"Rustic Pebbles"
"Sandy Tiles"
"Raku Bangle"

The blog photo (sorry it's a bad photo, click it, it gets bigger) today is of beads I made last night. I used them in "Reach for Stars" & "Sandy Tile" but the beads went so well together... I decided I will make another full set of these as a Ebay Auction. I haven't had one up in over a month and I think these will make a great set. The green beads with the black bands are done with Dirty Copper Green. I don't know if you can see it in the photo or not but the copper came to the surface of the glass in some of the beads and gives them a "dirty" look. I don' t know about you, but I really like it. Let me know what you think of them :) And I will let you know when the auction is ready, probably Monday or Tuesday.

The boys have a baseball game tonight that I am thinking I will skip so I can work on earring beads. I already have another color scheme in mind for new Bead Box beads... Maybe sometime next week? I don't know. Just to give you all a little heads up... I am not sure if I have mentioned it before or not but my first solo show is July 8-9. It is the Cornhill Arts Festival. One of the largest arts festivals in the country! Beads might be a little scarce the next couple of weeks as I get ready for the show, but hang in there with me. I will be sneaking sets in here and there.

Send me your thoughts on the new jewelry pieces!

No comments: