Friday, July 14, 2006

Always Fun Friday

Anyone know the official terms of a "Heat Wave"? Well, I was watching the weather yesterday and learned that you aren't officially in a heat wave until you have 3 consecutive days over 90 degrees. That is what is hitting my area the next few days. Today it is 90, tomorrow 93, Sunday 94 and Monday 90s. Good think we can linger in the pool huh?

Anyway... I am all prepped for class tonight. I think my students will really like the new spin I have on "Sandy Lanterns". I will bring my camera along to class and take a few pics for you all. I am going to be teaching how to make wire bangles! Isn't that fun!?!

After class I am meeting a girlfriend at Simply Crepes. WE LOVE SIMPLY CREPES!!!! Everytime we go out, we go there. We have a new tradion... see, my birthday is her half birthday and her birthday is my half birthday. So we go out to lunch just the two of us for our birthdays. I can't wait to catch up with her. We live in the same town but both end up getting swept up in day to day life and we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like. So, I am really looking forward to that.

Finally... have you heard about what has been happening to lampworker Debi Manning? Well, it seems she has fallen on tough times and the lampworking community is uniting to try and help her out. Kim Neely of the famous Bluff Road Glass has accepted donations from glass artists around the world (I heard about it too late or I woul dhave sent things too, dang). She has organized the donations into a serious of auctions to raise money for Debi and her son. Most of the auctions have gone way out of my price range but maybe not yours. You can use the link to see the auctions being offered. If nothing else, it is some amazing eye candy and a boost to know what wonderful giving people are out there in the world ready to help a stranger.

See ya tomorrow!

No comments: