Thursday, July 13, 2006

Boring update...

yep, this is going to be a boring update.

Nothing is going on around here these days. I went and picked up my fuel this morning and spent a few hours making beads this afternoon. I have all the beads ready for tomorrow night's "Sandy Lanterns" bangle class. I made LOTS of extras so after class, I will post the extras in the bead box.

I can't tell you how awesome it felt to get all hot and sweaty at the torch then cool down in the pool when I was done. I just spent a half an hour swimming in circles making a whirpool. (When you don't want to spend an hour vacuuming your pool, make a whirpool and everything goes in the center... then it only takes about 5 minutes to vacuum!) It was soooo refreshing! And relaxing. I love the water, I am such a fish... I hate having to get out. And I have to say, I love the side effects of being stressed lately and having the pool... I have lost about 15 pounds in the past month! I could stand to lose at least another 20, lol (how doesn't think that) but I am not really worried about it. But I think all the swimming is what is doing it, that and the stress of the two previous weeks.

Oh, I know what I was going to tell you about. I was surfing the web this morning and discovered a necklace done by another glass artist that almost exactly matches a sketch I did about 2 months ago. I don't think they copied or anything, it is not that... I am just wondering if I should make that design now? There are definately some differences but the basic concept is very similar. What would you all do? Do any of you keep sketch books with your design ideas? Have you ever thought of something and then seen it somewhere else before you could make it? I would love your feedback!

Finally... Bitty Kitty is in heat... LOL! (See told you this was going to be boring). She is only 5 months old and I am thinking it is early for this but she is coooing and crying and rolling around on her belly sticking her fanny in the air. I called the vet to make her appointment to get fixed but they won't be able to until August. I just hope we don't end up with kittens between now and then. =)

No comments: