Monday, July 31, 2006

Zen Moments

WOOOOO HOOOO!!! I had to come and update.... my husband just called me from the golf course where he is playing in a tournament today. HE GOT A HOLE IN ONE!! GO RONNIE!!!

________________________

What a wonderful weekend we had here! I couldn't have asked for anything better. I decided to basically take the weekend "off". But you know me, I wasn't totally off... I still did loads of stuff.

Friday night we finished up the second half of Totally Twisted after a couple hours of beading and shopping that afternoon. The class went great and the students are now on their ways to becoming world renouned wire artists, lol. Either that or making great jewelry for family and friends. When I got home from class, the kiln was full of the beads I had made that afternoon and I squealled with delight when I saw them. But more about that later in this post.

Saturday was Andrew's birthday. And just like I said before... we did lots of things that he loves to do. The movie "Cars" is adorable... if you have kids, especially boys, take them, they'll love it. After lunch and the movie we came home for a good old fashion backyard cook out. Unfortuately, as we fired up the grill, a huge round for thunderstorms plowed through so the party got moved inside. Andrew didn't mind because it ment he got to play his new Rachet and Clack video game while the adults visited. At around 10pm when all was quiet and I was tucking Andrew in, I asked him if he had a good day and he said "The Best!" and that's all that matters.

After the party, Ron went to play paker with friends. I put the kids to bed and then I sneaked down to my desk and worked on "Revolving". Cool necklace huh? It's design came to me while taking a shower one night last week. The construction is simple, just wire wrapped links but the beads are the center of attention. They are all handshaped (I didn't use a press for these) egg/oval shapes with dots that spiral from one end to the other. The spiraling dots reminded me of people walking down spiral staircases, all single file. And the name "Revolving" popped into my head. I think it has a very "Suessian" feel to it... I just love it. Very attention getting, bold but simple. And since it is black and white, you can wear it with anything. So, one down 7-8 more to go. My mind is overflowing with ideas, I can't wait to get out.

Sunday was a perfect day. And it is also the reason I called this post "Zen Moments". Everyone once in a while you have a day that is just full of little instants where you can't help but feel all is calm and right with the world. That's how yesterday was for me. We did simple things like clean the garage and play in the pool. I took a few hours in the afternoon and weeded my gardens, sat on the deck and just talked with my husband. We all sat and watched a movie before bed, "Nanny McPhee"... really sweet movie. Then I tossed and turned in bed for hours thinking about random things like the color I would like to paint my studio someday, necklace designs, flowers I would like to plant, school supplies I for got to get... I think it was 3am before I finally fell asleep.

Anyway... that was my weekend. Now back to the daily summer grind. It is going to be a hot couple of days, until Thurs/Fri when it'll cool down into the 70's. I will be working on beads most every evening. I need to get goodies together for you all, for the wineries, for "Clothesline", and there is lots of swimming to be done too.

No comments: