Monday, July 24, 2006

Bead Box Beads - OH YEAH!


Did ya see 'em? Huh? Huh? Well, what did you think? I know the new Bead Box beads aren't your everyday color combo... but they are really cool and I think they would work year round. I think they are bright, playful and fun! And I know if you don't scoop them up, I have loads of ideas for them. These are the kinda beads you wear with a white blouse/teeshirt and black slacks/bluejeans. Looking at the photos again, the inky blue purple is looking black. It is definately dark transparent purple.

If you want to check out my inspiration for these new beads... check out Target's new Fall Collection. In the store the blanket was folded in a way that all you saw was the area of colored stripes. It doesn't have nearly the impact in the online photo that it did in the store. Because the blanket was striped, I had stripes on the brain while making these beads. And I kept thinking of a tutorial I saw on www.wetcanvas.com what taught how to make plaid beads, so I gave it a try. And I love it! I will try and remember to throw a few plaid in with other color combos too.

Next up (when I get more torch time) will be lime green, coral orange & turquoise!

No comments: